Your search results
Posted by alvintay on February 17, 2016
Foreign Worker

Foreign workers renting hdb flats must be registered as subtenants before their addresses can be updated in the online foreign worker address service (OFWAS)

1. The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) will be making changes to the registration of HDB residential addresses in MOM’s OFWAS, for foreign workers on Work Permits.

2. With effect from 1 March 2016, employers must first ensure that their foreign workers have been registered as subtenants in HDB’s subletting system, before the workers’ residential addresses can be updated in OFWAS. Real estate agents and their salespersons who are appointed by home owners in the leasing out of HDB premises to foreign workers or are securing HDB premises for foreign workers on behalf of employers are advised to remind their clients to ensure that foreign workers are correctly and promptly registered in the HDB’s subletting system.

3 MOM would also like to remind all estate agents and their salespersons of the existing regulations (refer to table below). MOM will not hesitate to take enforcement actions, against any employers who fail to register the worker in OFWAS.

MOM New Regulation

4. If you require further clarification pertaining to the change, please email your queries or contact MOM’s OFWAS Helpline: 6692 4599. You may also wish to refer to the following websites, for more information:

a.List of Approved Housing:…

b. MOM’s OFWAS System:

Source: Ministry of Manpower through CEA dated 15th February 2016

Compare Listings